Cites Surge in Demand for Network Intelligence Solutions that Efficiently Pinpoint Devices and Suspects of Interest
MILPITAS, Calif., Apr. 26, 2017 – SS8, the network intelligence company, today announced record revenues and profitability for its 2016 fiscal year ended December 31, 2016. The company experienced a major surge in demand for its network intelligence, compliance and breach detection solutions among enterprises, critical infrastructure industries, governments, law enforcement agencies, and communication services providers.
SS8 network intelligence solutions service three core markets: communications analysis and compliance for communications providers; analyzing communications for law enforcement and intelligence agency investigations; and continuous retrospective network analysis for enterprise breach detection. Each SS8 solution identifies and classifies communication packets and then generates, stores and analyzes months, and even years, of high-definition records (HDRs) from these network communications. This intelligence is used to uncover digital footprints associated with devices of interest (DOI) and suspects of interest (SOI) to uncover previously unknown threats.
“The network is the source of truth for uncovering both devices and suspects of interest. Our unique ability to extract intelligence from network communications right up to the application layer has propelled SS8 to a breakthrough year in terms of revenue growth, customer acquisition and expansion into new markets,” said Dennis Haar, Chief Executive Officer of SS8 Networks. “Not only did we expand our leadership position in the law enforcement, intelligence and communications sectors, but we also achieved major traction among enterprises looking to implement continuous monitoring for breach detection and response.”
In the past 12 months, SS8 achieved the following milestones:
- Deployed in one of the world’s largest software-defined network (SDN) communications networks for security monitoring and compliance
- Selected and deployed by the world’s leading Internet services company
- Eight of the 14 largest communications providers now rely on SS8 for analysis and compliance
- Monitoring two of the world’s largest public safety LTE networks for anomalous activity
- Now deployed by 90% of law enforcement and intelligence agencies in a top five European market, up from zero percent four years ago. More than 1,000 analysts are actively using SS8 in the country.
- Deployed to gather cyber intelligence that is used to fight organized crime and terrorism in six of the world’s largest economies
- Introduced new cloud-delivered breach detection offering for enterprises that uses intelligence agency-grade communications analytics to identify compromised devices-of-interest without human intervention
- Released the 2016 Threat Rewind Report, which revealed the top cybersecurity evasion and exfiltration techniques used by attackers to comprised enterprises
- Recognized as a key vendor in November 2016 Forrester Research report, Vendor Landscape: Security Analytics (SA), written by senior analyst, Joseph Blankenship
- Recognized by a leading industry analyst research firm as a top provider of Network Traffic Analysis (NTA)
About SS8 Networks
SS8, the network intelligence company, provides solutions to help customers quickly identify, track and investigate suspects and devices of interest. By generating, storing and analyzing months, and even years, of high-definition records extracted from network packets, SS8 customers gain unprecedented intelligence for investigating what matter most. SS8 is trusted by six of the largest intelligence agencies, eight of the 14 largest communications providers and five of the largest systems integrators. Visit www.ss8.com.